Sunday, 02 November 2008

How to be a Homosapien without being like the other Homosapiens

You're so ______ right now
Nuh uh,you're like totally ______
Why don't you sod off and go be ________ somewhere else.

It's not hard to find a word that fits in there, is it? Sure, you can probably get any word in there (maybe even 'Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism' which is an actual word, I've learned), but what I'm talking about here are those little pesky label things we kids are so obsessed with.
(if Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism didn't work for you...try 'indie')


I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say that being boxed in isn't fun at all. It's actually rather uncomfortable and it can get kind of awkward, for all parties involved. Maybe this is just a load of liberal jumbo bumbo, but being labeled/pigeon-holed/boxed-in SUCKS. It's never even close to the truth and it kicks that 'I'm an individual' thingy right in the skinny jeans-vacuumed balls.
Yeah, it sounds like something Andy Warhol found in a fortune cookie, but you are indeed an individual. You may be so totally indie or arty or hXc or post-rock or post-prog or post-office right now, but that doesn't make it tr00.(metulz!) Just because you like Napoleon Dynamite and The Strokes does not make you iiiiindie. and be happy about that! because nothing sucks more than being stereotyped. and that's exactly what these labels are. stereotypes.

yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah, maybe you want to be pigeon-holed. like a little mold you oh so dearly want to fit into. I AM INDIE! I AM ARTY! I AM EMO! but then you'll end up being like this guy:
batteries not included.


hmm. Let that be lesson to you.
Come on! humans! be individuals! Go and slip on a tutu and listen to Strapping Young Lad! put on corpse paint at a Rihanna concert!

After all this yelling I feel a bit knackered. I guess I just wanted to let you all know that you can in fact be whatever the fuck you want. Get a sex-change if that's what you want/need, or just a toffee apple if you like the sweeter things in life. yum yum rawr rawr.

No comments: